Friday, February 12, 2010

What is the "World"?

Look at your arm, hand, fingers. Look in the mirror. What do you see? Flesh. We live in this vessel that is made up from the dust of the earth. We are part of this world. Too often we are living in this world and not living in the Spirit. This flesh complains loudly. "I am too tired!" "I have a headache!" "Make me feel good!" "Entertain me!"

The flesh demands and demands and demands. Saint of God, what do you hear? What do you listen to? Does your flesh tie you down to the tracks of this world? That demon train is barreling down. The enemy won't stop for anybody.

The Spirit is calling, calling, calling. Soft and quiet comes the urgings from the Holy Ghost. "Come to me, child." "Pick up my word, precious." "Lay your worries down at my cross."

The world is all around us. Keep your eyes open. Ask for discernment. LIVE IN THE SPIRT NOT IN THE WORLD!

1 comment: